[Foundation-l] Wikipedia Policy Interlingual Coordinationn - WP:NOT

Peter Coombe thewub.wiki at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 6 09:16:49 UTC 2009

It means global to the English Wikipedia, someone should probably change
that. Different languages and projects are largely independent of each
other, and can have their own policies. The only requirement is that they
follow the founding principles (
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Founding_principles) and any other decisions
of the Wikimedia Foundation, though in practice projects tend to develop
along broadly similar lines anyway. Trying to press a en.wp policy
(especially one as broad and controversial as WP:NOT) on anyone else is
foolish and likely to be resisted.

Pete / the wub