[Foundation-l] How was the "only people who averaged two edits a week in the last six months can vote" rule decided?

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Sat Aug 1 01:26:54 UTC 2009

2009/7/31 geni <geniice at gmail.com>:
> 2009/8/1 Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org>:
>> * a wiki for the global community of makers to share designs and
>> prototypes for both functional and entertaining objects, which is
>> becoming increasingly important as fabbing facilities become
>> commonplace;
>
> Commons could do this tomorrow if the blender file type was allowed.

Not sure it would be the right space for developing the policies and
collaboration spaces around it, but yeah, we need additional filetype
support. I think COLLADA is supposed to be the interchange standard
for 3D applications, and is supported by Blender; there were some
security issues last time we looked at it (as is often the case).
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation