[Foundation-l] Chapters coordinator: wrapping up the role

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 23:51:25 UTC 2008

Florence Devouard wrote:
> Jussi-Ville Heiskanen wrote:
>
>> Florence Devouard wrote:
>>
>>> As for the future, just as you do, I hope that the disappearance of the
>>> chapter coordinator role will indeed be an energy shot, a reboot, a new
>>> birth, and that in the future, the WMF and the chapters will
>>> successfully cooperate to ensure a worldwide positive presence.
>>> I expect more presence and will and strength from the chapter committee
>>> members than they have showed till now, to help us progress in this
>>> direction. I also hope that the board of Wikimedia Foundation will
>>> rapidly name a new board representative as a gesture to prove their
>>> interest to work with the little sisters of WMF.
>>>

>> You will forgive me if I am more than a little confused by
>> that hope. What gesture above and beyond already having
>> instituted several (rather than a single designated) positions
>> on the board selected by the chapters, would you actually
>> want to see? And what do you mean "rapidly"? I am totally
>> unable to understand where these hopes spring from.
>>
>> Surely gestures by the board are totally irrelevant at this
>> point.
>>

>> Yours,
>>
>> Jussi-Ville Heiskanen
>>

> The chapter committee membership includes mandatorily a board
> representative.
>
> As of today, this representative is Frieda.
>
> Ant
>
> PS: in case you missed the new, Frieda resigned (quit) some time ago

Okay, there you really did confuse me totally.

Just goes to show that text does not work as
telepathy. I really could not follow what you
were thinking about, and I had no clue you
were talking about a position that Frieda had
been filling.

When I read "board representative" I thought
you meant trustee. Silly me.

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen