[Foundation-l] NYT: Who owns the law? (Noam Cohen)

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 21:51:39 UTC 2008

John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com>:

> The UK gov only provide originals for a small subset of laws prior to 1998.
>
> http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts.htm

A year or so ago, I had the chance to speak briefly with someone who'd
been responsible for the Statute Law Database, and asked him about the
publication of older (now repealed) legislation. His answer was that
they do indeed plan to do so, but as it's of mainly historic interest
it'll be some time.

So we will get the originals, eventually...

(I asked because I had been roughing out a plan for a project to do
just this. If they're going to do it, it seemed excessive for me
to...)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk