[Foundation-l] WMF, and implications of non-discrimination on local projects?

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 17:32:36 UTC 2008

As said, it is a community matter and no need WMF get involved, in my
humble opinion.

As for racial discrimination, I know an editor who was once opposed by
some editors in his first RFA on a certain language project. He is not
of the race of majority editors of that project and faced a contest
not directly based on nationality issues (at least claimed so) but
"his political POV" in regard of some political issues of his own
country and theirs.

Fortunately, while he lost his first request, later he was promoted.
Insanity seems sometimes to take advantage, and hence community is not
infallible - as well as a certain Wikipedia article at a certain
moment may carry wrong information. But Wikimedia community seems to
have more flexibility which redeems past wrong communal decisions, and
hopefully it goes not so worse as trend.

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 1:57 AM, Al Tally <majorly.wiki at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 4:36 PM, Pharos <pharosofalexandria at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Obviously no sane Bureaucrat is going to count a vote that says,
>> "Opppose- we shouldn't let in any sysops who can't RSVP with St Peter
>> and the Heavenly Choir for that great Wikimania in the sky".
>>
>> I think this is a non-issue.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Pharos
>

> You're assuming we don't have any insane bureaucrats :-)
> Seriously though, some bureaucrats do actually read the RfA and try and read
> the consensus.
>
> Others, well, they look at the tally at the top, get out their calculator,
> if it's <75% it's a fail, if it's >75% it's a pass.
>
> There's too many of the second kind of bureaucrat.
>
> --
> Alex
> (User:Majorly)

KIZU Naoko