[Foundation-l] Jeff Merkey Fiasco on English Wikipedia

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 14:39:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 9:58 AM, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to have *@wolfmountaingroup.com moderated or blacklisted so
> that Foundation-l doesn't continue to serve as a forum for this individual?
> No useful purpose is served by allowing him to post such letters.

The thing to take away from this is that we should make extra certain
that he be left alone, and that no members of his list and no members
at Wikipedia attempt to contact him on or off wiki. Whether his legal
threats hold water or not (I am not a lawyer), we should assume that
he's willing to pursue them if he is bothered. We can disregard his
email if we like, but we should make certain our members do not
attempt to pursue this matter, for their own benefit.

--Andrew Whitworth