[Foundation-l] Frieda Brioschi resigns from the Wikimedia Board of Trustees

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 9 21:45:03 UTC 2008

Christiano Moreschi wrote:
> Not that I care, but any reason as to why that we should know about?
>
> CM

On a project we all know, there is description of the membership life
cycle for virtual communities

They suggest five types of trajectories amongst a learning community:

* Peripheral (i.e. Lurker) – An outside, unstructured participation

* Inbound (i.e. Novice) – Newcomer is invested in the community and
heading towards full participation

* Insider (i.e. Regular) – Full committed community participant

* Boundary (i.e. Leader) – A leader, sustains membership participation
and brokers interactions

* Outbound (i.e. Elder) – Process of leaving the community due to new
relationships, new positions, new outlooks

That's an interesting article to read

Ant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_community#Membership_life_cycle_for_virtual_communities