[Foundation-l] more classical languages wikipedias approved by langcom and board of trustees.

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 17:06:18 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 12:55 PM, Chad <innocentkiller at gmail.com> wrote:
> The issue is that they're never given a chance to prove
> themselves. I'd rather a project try and fail than not try
> at all.

NA lot of our volunteers spend a lot of time and energy to maintain,
fix, and cleanup these projects when they do fail. Our human resources
(Stewards, SWMT, etc) should be valuable enough to us that we don't
extend their workload for some random shot in the dark. A project
should have more then a glancing chance at success before we give it
the green light, or we're going to become a garbage heap of
unmaintainable failed projects.

The Languages committee is usually pretty proud of the fact that since
they were created, not a single project that they've approved has died
or been closed as a failure. Far from throwing out all rules, we
should be looking to optimize their methods to reduce the number of
false negatives.

--Andrew Whitworth