[Foundation-l] Fwd: Wikimedia-wide global blocking mechanism?

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Thu Jan 31 12:03:42 UTC 2008

> On 31/01/2008, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am for that completely. We will need one global admin list, too.
>

> That's why I was thinking of the stewards, though that assumes they
> want the job!
>

> - d.

For small wikis without an admin the global block list seems to be a good
option, much better one than waiting for one of the stewards to come and
block the vandals. For big ones - I am not so sure, since the vandals are
unregistered anyway, and blocking an IP range for English or Dutch wiki
could do some harm. May be to exclude first 20 wikis from authomatick
blocking?

For the global admin list, I was under understanding that stewards are
actually doing the job.

Cheers,
Yaroslav