[Foundation-l] Wikipedia songs

Przykuta przykuta at o2.pl
Mon Jan 28 13:40:07 UTC 2008

> > which i will then upload and release under a free
> > license (which ones do you recommend in this case erik?)
>
> Although I'm not Erik, I'd recommend you to use some of Creative
> Commons licenses (CC-BY or CC-BY-SA of any versions). GFDL is not very
> good for music. Also you can release it in public domain if you like
> to :)

use GFDL text as a part of Wikipedia song

S P O I L E R

The purpose of this License is to make a manual,
textbook, or other functional and useful document
"free" in the sense of freedom: to assure everyone
the effective freedom to copy and redistribute it,
with or without modifying it,
either commercially or noncommercially.

Always look on the bright side (site) of CC

Secondarily, this License preserves for the author
and publisher a way to get credit for their work,
while not being considered responsible
for modifications made by others.

Always look on the bright side (site) of CC

This License is a kind of "copyleft",
which means that derivative works of the document
must themselves be free in the same sense.
It complements the GNU General Public License,
 which is a copyleft license designed for free software.

Always look on the bright side (site) of CC

We have designed this License in order to use it
for manuals for free software,
because free software needs free documentation:
a free program should come with manuals providing
the same freedoms that the software does.

Always look on the bright side (site) of CC

But this License is not limited to software manuals;
it can be used for any textual work,
regardless of subject matter or whether
it is published as a printed book.
We recommend this License principally
for works whose purpose is instruction or reference.

Always look on the bright side (site) of CC

This License applies to any manual or other work,
in any medium, that contains a notice placed
by the copyright holder saying it can
be distributed under the terms of this License.
Such a notice grants a world-wide,
royalty-free license, unlimited in duration,
to use that work under the conditions stated herein.

Always look on the bright side (site) of CC

The "Document", below, refers to any such manual or work.
Any member of the public is a licensee,
and is addressed as "you".
You accept the license if you copy,
modify or distribute the work
in a way requiring permission under copyright law.

Always look on the bright side (site) of CC

A "Modified Version" of the Document
means any work containing the Document or a portion of it,
either copied verbatim, or with modifications
and/or translated into another language.

Always look on the bright side (site) of CC

A "Secondary Section" is a named appendix
or a front-matter section of the Document that deals exclusively
with the relationship of the publishers or authors
of the Document to the Document's overall subject
(or to related matters)
and contains nothing that could fall directly
within that overall subject.

Always look on the bright side (site) of CC

(Thus, if the Document is in part a textbook
of mathematics, a Secondary Section may
not explain any mathematics.)
The relationship could be a matter
of historical connection with the subject
or with related matters, or of legal,
commercial, philosophical, ethical or political position regarding them.

Always look on the bright side (site) of CC

but not nc

regards

przykuta