[Foundation-l] en.WP dysfunction (was: A letter to Wikipedia collides with the non-free content policies)

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 12:59:08 UTC 2008

> I really do not understand why en.WP is so
> dysfuntional that they cannot make common decisions
> within the community without appealing to the
> foundation several times a month.

If it's a foundation policy that is under dispute, it makes sense to
get the foundation involved. The same applies for legal issues. The
enwiki community are not lawyers and need professional advice when
there is confusion over the legality of a situation.

If the community did just make its own decisions without regards to
anyone else you'd be complaining that we were arrogant know-it-alls
that refuse to take advice from people that know better.