[Foundation-l] en.WP dysfunction (was: A letter to Wikipedia collides with the non-free content policies)

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 04:41:45 UTC 2008

Who is "them"? They are us, we are you, you are they. The English
Wikipedia was the first project, it predates the Foundation, it has
the largest community by far, it is the project that gets the most
attention, it has the most articles and the highest number of readers.
It works in English, as does this list. These things explain far more
clearly why Foundation-l gets turfed Wikipedia problems than the idea
that en.wiki users are whiney pukes who need rational parents to step
in. The anti-English Wikipedia sentiment sometimes found on this list
does no one any credit.

I don't know necessarily what Remember the dot was hoping to achieve
by posting to Foundation-l after already receiving advice from Mike
Godwin, but I don't think the "Why does en-wiki bother us and can't
they leave us alone?" response is warranted. A simple answer or lack
of response would have been much more effective.

Nathan