[Foundation-l] "Historical" languages and constructed languages

White Cat wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 04:49:27 UTC 2008

If people want to write a wiki in a constructed language like Esperanto or a
long defunct language like ancient  Egyption language or Latin (Vatican
doesn't count :P), let them. For example a "Wikisource" edition for ancient
texts in their original language feels like an excellent idea. Consider a
wiki for ancient Greek for example. If I Google for an ancient Greek phrase
from a text I would hit the actual text which I can then access it in other
languages via interwiki links.

A wikipedia edition or wikinews edition for  language hardly anyone speaks
however feels like a waste of time - though if people really want to spend
time on such a project, who am I to stand in the way.