[Foundation-l] [Commons-l] 1.6 Billion USD to spare? How about liberation of some pic...

White Cat wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 12:42:33 UTC 2008

Yes, currently among the major problems are keeping track of images. If I
delete an image as a copyvio and it is reuploaded, it is very hard to know.
Even if the image in question is an exact replica. Not to mention reuploads
of stuff for vandalism. This for example is not something an external tool
can handle unless it has a complete copy of commons image database which is
rather large in size.

I want to see toolserv tools get integrated to mediawiki when dealing with
images.

Also the multi-lingual interface support needs work. For example to display
licenses in multiple languages.

     - White Cat