[Foundation-l] Fwd: Tokipona

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 23:40:48 UTC 2008

2008/1/21, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>:

> The discussion about whether we should have constructed languages is in
> essence a boring one. People have their opinions and they are typically
> unreasonable about it. It would be good when we have some objective criteria
> for this. This will keep these ever recurring discussions go away somewhat
> more easily. From my point of view, a language needs to have an ISO-639-3
> language code and acquiring this is not trivial.

I think that's going at things from the wrong side. One first has to
decide what kind of criteria one wants to look at, only after that can
the criteria be decided. You cannot say that ISO-639-3 is a goo
criterium if you haven't decided first what makes a criterium 'good'.

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels