[Foundation-l] The problem with Flash

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 22:34:28 UTC 2008

Geni,
We do not need Kaltura to do our localisation. Our own communities can and
should do this. However, not even half of the languages we say we support
have half of the most relevant messages translated. So when I write that
there is a lot of work to do. We sure as hell have a lot of work to do.

Is VLC media player or are the OGG tools capable of creating collaboratively
a slide show ? If not, what is your argument you are comparing things that
cannot be compared.

You missed the point. It is not them that should be proud, it is US that
should be proud. We should be proud because our platform has the critical
mass where it makes a difference, the critical mass that attracts talent. We
should be proud, and be welcoming. This does not mean that you have to
involve yourself in the Kaltura project, that is for you to decide.