[Foundation-l] Wikipedia Invites Users to Take Part in Open, Collaborativ...

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 00:34:55 UTC 2008

Hoi,
You quote the prodigal son.. the story tells us that the father was
overjoyed that his son returned alive to him, a son feared dead. It also
tells us that the other brothers were jealous.. What is your message ? Are
you jealous because of the attention lavished on this other project ?

You assert that technically there is not that much to it. When people
consider collaborating, they may listen to your observations. It is however
their time and their choice to spend as they see fit. Where you say that it
is not possible, there are others who have a different opinion. They put
their money where their mouth is and as the result is to be open source,
there is no loser. When you state that people should flock to another
banner, this banner has not been visible enough, active enough to get the
attention you say it deserves. Maybe this will get them the attention that
they deserve, again there is no loser.

You are of the opinion that this is not what we need. Maybe you are right,
but if people want to prove you wrong, that is their prerogative. You do
voice your concerns and that is great. I hope for the Kaltura people that
they considered their business model well. I do not know what it is and as
it is not my business, it is certainly not my concern. When as a result new
functionality is developed, functionality that has merit I can only be
grateful.. I hope you can be happy if it works out well :)
Thanks,
     GerardM