[Foundation-l] Fundraising & Networking updates

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 22:27:37 UTC 2008

> I can't see how it could become problematic. By creating a company or
> product template all it does is allow a company to say "we support the WMF",
> while knowing full well that they can't lie due the beady eyes and open edit
> policy around here. It allows them an easy way to take from the advertising
> account rather than the feeble donation account. It also gives their
> PR/advertising teams a reason to take interactive stuff more seriously than
> they do with the overrated and costly broadcast media.

I can't see many companies paying just to get a "we support the WMF"
notice on the article about them. What I thought you were suggesting
was removing the logos from all company articles unless they pay us -
that's a very different thing, and completely fails NPOV, which is one
of our most important policies.