[Foundation-l] TOR Nodes

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 22:26:52 UTC 2008

On 15/01/2008, Todd Allen <toddmallen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Isn't that also true of school IPs? (I would be surprised if it's only
> 99% there, probably more like 99.9% sewage on those.) Can I go start
> hardblocking schools on-sight?

I dunno if schools are quite at 99%, though they're pretty bad. School
IPs fundamentally have traceability, i.e. there is someone in
authority to bring the block to the attention of. (In many cases they
say "hell yeah, please keep our school blocked." Pity we can't set up
timed daily blocks in some cases.) A Tor node has buckets of crap and
no traceability whatsoever (obviously).

- d.