[Foundation-l] tech team - content community bottleneck

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 21:45:03 UTC 2008

> How should the devs know which communities have an
> Arbcom that needs to approve the bug?  I think any
> system put in here needs to, by default, not interfere
> with the devs doing their work.  Giving communities
> more opportunities to raise a flag before
> implementaion is good.  But requiring the devs check
> with X before every implementation, or any process
> external to Bugzilla, is bad.

The devs only make these kind of changes if someone asks them to, so
if the rule is made that only ArbComs (or crats/admins if there is no
ArbCom) can make such requests then the devs don't have to check with
anyone, they just have to verify that the person asking really is a
member of the project's ArbCom, which isn't that difficult. It's
certainly easier than trying to work out if there's a consensus for
the change.