[Foundation-l] tech team - content community bottleneck

Domas Mituzas midom.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 09:58:26 UTC 2008

Hello!

> And we would do well to refuse doing such thing. Foundation would
> become
> a huge bottleneck and community will then begin complaining that we
> are
> hindering the development of the projects.

Well understood and appreciated.

Yesterday I tried to do one tiny tiny change (es.wikipedia wanted to
switch their timezone).
Of course, after last flames it was fun to make a circus out of it
(forced few people - sysops and bureaucrats to 'sign in blood'), but
here again, accurately interpreting votes and resolutions in other
languages, where there were multiple votes on same page, as well as
Great Walls of Text, was nearly impossible.

Lots of things can be rolled forward and backwards, so usually no
harm is done - except that it takes time and can cause some
frustrations, if caught in the middle of heated debate.

So, we usually have just to trust that people who come and ask for
things can really represent community, and are not going to undermine
something in evil ways.
Usually we like to trust, and love to trust. But sometimes a single
campaign against can shatter it all.

--
Domas Mituzas -- http://dammit.lt/ -- [[user:midom]]