[Foundation-l] Community representation

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 08:21:26 UTC 2008

On 12/01/2008, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Please Brianna...
>
> Do us the favor to not imagine we have NEVER given any thoughts to the
> matter. I remember spending hours on this in the past.
> See all the pages here:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Membership
>
> And explanations for change of bylaws
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2006-December/025543.html
>
> Ant

I know it has been discussed many times before. But were there ever
any conclusions reached? And if not isn't it still an open discussion?

Thankyou for the link to Erik's post.

In it he says

"4) The notion of community elections is described in the bylaws, as is
a commitment that a majority of the Board will come from the community
through appointment or election (the scope of "community" is to be
defined by the Board)."

I think I missed that definition of "community" that was defined by the Board.

If the Board did define the scope of "community" then I apologise for
being redundant.

regards
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/