[Foundation-l] Community representation

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 15:23:39 UTC 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 11:57 PM, Delphine Ménard <notafishz at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 11, 2008 3:33 AM, Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Also, it is strange that the community can put people to the Board but
> > can't take them back. Maybe the argument is that you simply don't vote
> > for them at the next election.
>
> I am curious where "in the real world" there is this possibility. In
> the countries I live(d) in, I can't think of any process allowing to
> "vote someone out" once you've voted them in.
>
> Any examples?

In Japan, Constitution says
Article 58-2
Each House shall establish its rules pertaining to meeting, proceeding
and internal discipline, and may punish members for disorderly
conduct. However, in order to expel a member, a majority of two-thirds
or more of those members present must pass a resolution thereon.

Also same rule of expelling is settled for representatives of local
meetings (both prefecture and municipal level).

In addition, head of prefecture or municipal, who are elected by vote,
is recalled with one tenth of eligible voters' objections. In that
case a referendum should be organized.

--
KIZU Naoko
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Britty (in Japanese)