[Foundation-l] Erzgebirgisch

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 10:01:54 UTC 2008

Hoi,
I received a request from Thogo if it is possible to localise Erzgebirgisch
in MediaWiki. Thogo indicates that he does not want a new project, he just
wants to localise MediaWiki. He wants to use the localisation on the
projects he is active in.

I have discussed the potential for such requests in the past with the nice
people from BetaWiki, they require at least an IANA language tag. I think
that it is likely that this will be granted on the strength of the
information in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erzgebirgisch and the sources
that it provides. More sources are good :) ..

I am quite happy to help with the request for a IANA language tag. I welcome
your comments ...

Thanks,
     Gerard