[Foundation-l] Transparency

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 01:46:00 UTC 2008

On Jan 10, 2008 7:28 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Greg is telling "foundation" people that they need to
> > be transparent with "wiki" people no matter how
> > expensive because "wiki" is the means of the
> > "foundation".  Erik replies that his first method of
> > promoting transparency to these people is to promote
> > more of them to volunteer in these issues rather than
> > just comment. Meanwhile, in the ru.WB thread,  a
> > "wiki" person explains why he finds "foundation"
> > people to be pesky salesman that would do better to
> > spend their time on wiki work.
>
> I wouldn't read too much into the ravings of a rogue admin - I don't
> think his views are particularly representative of any significant
> portion of the community.

I'm not so much inclined to think Thomas speaks something
inappropriate. Rather can we give a look to the mind set of "rogue
admin", even if it looks most of us just a rant, what made him think
his comparison of  "T-shirt company" (of course most of us may reject
it, I assume - simply WMF isn't such) would go thorough at least for
some people? It may cast a light how an editor in an insular project
community may think and perceive what is going on "the project",
unless the person who spoke it himself was aware that he said
completely inappropriate.

Cheers,
--
KIZU Naoko