[Foundation-l] Fair use being badly abused on en.wikipedia

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 18:06:36 UTC 2008

> That said, even what is permitted by law seems to be more restrictive than
> what is currently occurring on the English Wikipedia.

Really? If that's the case, then Mike needs to step in and tell us. If
our use of images is actually illegal (or, could reasonably be
considered illegal - I don't think fair use is sufficiently well
defined to be sure until a judge makes a decision), then all our
debate is meaningless and we just have to do what the law requires.