[Foundation-l] Bunners at the bottom of every page

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Mon Jan 7 15:14:08 UTC 2008

I think it is clear that nobody can be desysopped on the basis of a few
random responses on the mailing list.

On the other hand, this might be (most probably is) a typical situation we
are going to encounter more and more. Somebody becomes an admin of a
smaller project in the phase of growth, creates arbitrary policies (which
may or may not directly contradict to written WMF policies), and bans
outright everybody who disagrees with these policies. In this case, it
makes no sense to talk about the community decision: if a sensible-size
community is ever formed this is going to be a community of people who
basically agree with the policies.

The questions are:

1) Does smth have to be done with this situation, or we (community in the
broad sense) just leave this purely to the project; unless there are some
organized complaints from active project users, or unless the project
policies clearly contradict to WMF policies, nothing has to be done.

2) If smth has to be done, should it be a routine procedure on Meta (votes
etc), or is it a case for the future arbcom. (I would be in favor of the
former).

I am not so much talking about this particular project.

Cheers,
Yaroslav