[Foundation-l] Bunners at the bottom of every page

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 14:20:12 UTC 2008

I endorse Delphine's request: it seems okay to me and she is one of
the people who can speak, so I understand, where WMF put its
trademarked logo and not, on the Foundation's behalf.

On Jan 6, 2008 11:08 PM, Elisabeth Anderl
<n9502784 at students.meduniwien.ac.at> wrote:
> Dear Delphine, dear all,
> due to his reactions and disconcerting statements I very much doubt that
> he would not revert such action immediately.
>
> I propose to
> *desysop him now (he can ask the community for getting back sysop on
> ru.books)
> *make a native or >ru-3 speaker temp-sysop to restore the banners
> (MaxSem maybe?)
> *not granting bureaucratship on ru.books for at least a year

Seconded besides the second point for this particular thing.
Personally I suppose Delphine is the better person to deal with. As
for other two points they look nice. Or do we need to have a meta RFC
for his desysoping?

> Kind regards,
> Elisabeth Anderl (aka spacebirdy)
>
> Delphine Ménard a écrit :

> >> As well as the point mentioned by MaxSem, I would like also to argue
> >> the matter if a WMF-owned wiki should carry wmf logo and a link to its
> >> official website where people can find its contact point by email, fax
> >> and phone is not a language issue as the user Ramir suggested, and
> >> raising the issue around language barrier in that manner is highly to
> >> be discouraged on our project.
> >>

> > I am sorry to be so blunt, but this is the 35th message on this
> > thread, and apart from Elisabeth unfortunately aborted attempts, there
> > has been nothing done on the matter.
> >
> > Regardless of civility, wikilove and all other things, and keeping in
> > mind that I am ok with the fact that people may want to "customize"
> > their projects' css, I don't see why we're even discussing this
> > particular "customization".
> >
> > Wikibooks is a Wikimedia project, powered by Mediawiki and there's
> > nothing else to it. These mentions have to come back, there's no
> > discussion to be had.
> >
> > Had I the powers to make myself an admin on that wiki, I would simply
> > restore this and be done with it, thing is, I can't. If Ramir wants a
> > policy, well, let's make this a precedent and hence a policy. The fact
> > that Wikimedia hosted projects are Wikimedia hosted projects and
> > powered by Mediawiki is a fact, not something up for vote or
> > consensus, one man's or many people's appreciation. Please, make me an
> > admin on that wiki and I'll do the stuff.
> >
> > Geez.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Delphine

KIZU Naoko