[Foundation-l] Meta-arbcom (was: the foundations of...)

FloNight sydney.poore at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 15:34:42 UTC 2008

On Jan 5, 2008 10:24 AM, hillgentleman
<hillgentleman.wikiversity at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yaroslav M. Blanter,
> The problem is not in the committee member but in the community member.
> That is, requiring participant  to use English alone automatically eliminate
> many participants in a case  in their own language project.
>
> Remember, the arbitration committee is a service.  Customers are always right.
>
> Best,
> H.

That is an important factor, yes. Unfortunately the Wikipedia-en
ArbCom faces this issues regularly. ArbCom needs to address problems
about editor conduct on topics where many of the users come from
different localities, speak different native languages with various
levels of writing and reading English. Perhaps a meta-arbcom could
help communities deal with these editor conduct disputes better since
they often spread over multiple projects.  What we are talking about
is finding a better way to serve the needs of the Community than we
are now.

Sydney