[Foundation-l] Meta-arbcom (was: the foundations of...)

effe iets anders effeietsanders at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 23:46:37 UTC 2008

Cross posting from the "old"  discussion by Hillgentleman:

I have a question:

 There exists mechanisms that deal with the problems that the
arbitration committee
may face.   Anybody can request for comments, or even more informally, start
a page on meta and invite discussions.

 Meta-arbitration is an interesting concept.  But it has inherent un-wikiness.
As it has potential influence wider than that of the stewards, and even close
to that of the trustees, its legitimacy should be proportional or
related to participation.

 I have two basic questions.
1. Would this meta-arbitration committee's jurisdiction cover a project
which had decided not to participate?

2. Would the meta-arbitration committee accept a case *within* one project
brought on by someone who has hardly participate in that project, or otherwise
clearly is not a community member?

Best,
H.