[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Legal obligation to report Wikipedia editor under UCMJ (Mike G weigh in?)

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 21:24:36 UTC 2008

Well, if the portion of the UCMJ he was talking about indeed exists
(which I have no doubt, but I'd like to see a "look at article so and
so" from /someone/), then it appears that the law has been broken and
if OM feels obligated to do so, he may do such. How does Wikipedia
have to get involved?

Also, from an outside perspective who hasn't been involved, it appears
to me that Theresa is overreacting a bit considering the
circumstances. OM appears to be (in very good faith) pointing out a
legal issue with a particular editor's editing from a government
computer. Fair enough. He warned him and said that he might
potentially go to his superiors. Ok, still looks good to me. I fail to
see the harassment Theresa is so loudly claiming exists.

Editing Wikipedia is not a right. It is a privilege that can be taken
away by the Foundation (and ArbCom, sysops, etc) or your ISP or your
employer.

Chad