[Foundation-l] Board elections

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 19:32:43 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 3:57 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  5. Perhaps (or not) good statistics to evaluate the voting process
>  >  afterwards (what sysops voted versus regular editors. What english voted
>  >  versus french etc...). I am not favorable to this myself, but I heard it
>  >  mentionned several times
>
>  Key thing here is not to make it so precise than you can identify
>  individual votes.

If you want just to know how many admins (or non admins) voted, it is
not impossible, while it would be not so easy. We haven't published
each ballots, but voters' lists were online (I am not sure if it is
still on the SPI wiki or if SPI wiki is still online though). But it
would be wise to set up another committee to analyze such, not the
people who designs the voting system imo.

> For example,  how sysop vs non-sysop votes were
>  distributed could be interesting. How votes from different projects
>  were distributed could be very interesting. If you make it possible to
>  combine the two, however, you find out exactly how the one admin on
>  some small project voted (or even multiple admins if they all voted
>  the same way). That is very very bad and very very easy to do if you
>  aren't careful.

KIZU Naoko
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Britty (in Japanese)