[Foundation-l] Wikimania bids and images

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 14:11:06 UTC 2007

Hi there,

regretfully I found some questionable images / speedy deletions on
meta around Wikimania 2008 bidding.

To meta admins:
Please be careful if you are going to speedy "not relevant images". We
saw some actually relevant images to meta speeded ... yes Wikimania
bid team uploading. Please remind six bidding cities and do not miss
the relevance of some images. Also you would like to aware those
bidders are not necessarily meta regulars and not familiar with meta
policies or its lingua franca, English.

To bidders:
please be aware
* meta accepts only images under {{GFDL}} or in {{PD}} (public
domain}}. Do not forget to tag your images. No fair use! Thanks.
* not all meta admin might know what is going on about your bidding
--- meta is so big -- a shot of prospective party space might be
thought as "not relevant to meta". Or Dorms. Or Internet cafes. Or the
sightseeing places in your city. It may help to survive your images
much easily for you to add "this image is used for [[Wikimania 2008]]
bidding" in its description. The better way is to put the image on
your bidding page as soon as you upload it.

Anyway ... thank you for your every efforts, folks. I'm looking
forward the next week meeting.
See you later,

--
KIZU Naoko