[Foundation-l] Board size

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 00:51:23 UTC 2007

On 9/16/07, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> On 9/12/07, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Nod. However, Erik expressed the desire to expand the board earlier
> > (december I presume or later ?). If so, it would be by appointment probably.
>
> I actually do share your concerns regarding an early expansion,
> especially since Michael is likely to be replaced soon.

> I would also favor "converting" Jimmy's seat to an elected one; he has
> expressed in the past that he would be fine with such a conversion.
> Jimmy is not just a member of the community, he is its very founder,
> so it seems a bit odd to rely on the mechanism of appointment for
> keeping him on the Board. I do not think he would have any trouble
> with getting re-elected. :-)

Regardless the timing of expansion (either this year or next) and who
will be apppointed member (including if Jimmy will run for the
Election or not), I would add there is one another issue we might take
into consideration: the voting system. In the latest election, and
after that, it was in an argument whether approval voting was the best
system to choose the representatives of the Wikimedia community in our
current circumstances. The discussion seems to have left without
conclusion. It was clear that one month before the Election would be
too late to pick it up,  so I expect the community consider the way of
vote counting regardless who they'll vote.

Cheers,

--
KIZU Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org