[Foundation-l] Fwd: Fwd: [foundation-l] Bot policy on bots operating interwiki

Casey Brown cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 21:08:32 UTC 2007

On 9/8/07, Andre Engels <andreengels at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/9/8, Casey Brown <cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com>:
> > On 9/7/07, White Cat <wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Bugzilla has lots and lots of bugs waiting dev attention. A bug fix may
> not
> > > necessarily happen in a "timely" fashion.
> > It is a common misconception that you have to be a full-time
> > deverloper to comment or fix bugs on bugzilla.  Bugzilla isn't waiting
> > for 'dev attention', it's waiting for *your* attention.
>
> This assumes that it is possible for me to correct a bug in a software
> system I know nothing about written in a computer language I cannot
> speak (though might be able to read) developed on a system I do not
> have write access to. And you're right - it would be possible.
> However, the amount of work it entails is enough to let me be a
> 'full-time developer' by the time I have done so. And my schedule is
> already overfull as things are.
>
> --
> Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
> ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels

The above was not directed at you (or anyone in particular).  Bugzilla
has a nifty little setup that allows you to commit patches and
attatchments by just having an account.  You don't need write acess to
SVN (that would make you more of a 'ful-time developer') in order to
help out with bugs on bugzilla.

Again, this wasn't directed at you at all, it's just a plug. :-P

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

---