[Foundation-l] just an idea: add motivation commentary line, anonymized?

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 08:31:39 UTC 2007

I had a similar - but opponent in its appearance inquiry last year.
"Why did you not vote". It helps me to organize this year Election. At
least PR for this community I asked their opinion.

But I'd love to consider such after the election. Now seeing
non-English communities hesitation for involvement (in Day 1, among
1100 votes, over 500 have come from enwiki alone, and there are only
two other community over 100 votes were casted).

Thanks,

On 6/30/07, oscar van dillen <oscarvandillen at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> just a thought that spontaneously came to me this morning which i would like
> to share:
> (i know logs are not to be published but i am just quoting myself from
> #wikimedia)
>
> [09:50]<oscar>please allow me to prompt an open question: would it not be
> interesting to read the answers to an imaginary questionnaire about the
> final motivation of the voters (answers as to the "why" they voted
> such-and-so) [[Elections 2007/Questions to voters]] if it existed?[09:51]<
> oscar>like a commentary line as we have in edits, but anonymized[09:52]<
> oscar>alphabetically ordered in one big dump :-)
> (...)
> [09:59]<oscar>it was just a thought, like last year i suggested a debate
> [09:59]<oscar>which now did take place more or less[10:00]<oscar>who knows
> what happens next year?[10:02]<oscar>there could be several reasons for
> doing this however, hints for the wmf or the board, for online elections in
> general and perhaps reading each other's comments is useful as well?[10:03]<
> oscar>afterwards of course[10:03]<oscar>not *during* an election
> (end of quote)
>
> curious about your opinions!
>
> best regards,
> oscar
>
> --
> *edito ergo sum*
>
> DISCLAIMER: This message does not represent an official position of the
> Wikimedia Foundation nor of its Board of Trustees.

KIZU Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
  * habent enim emolumentum in labore suo *