[Foundation-l] Elections: a new board for the future

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 13:29:18 UTC 2007

Hello,

On 6/17/07, Walter Vermeir <walter at wikipedia.be> wrote:
> Michael Bimmler schreef:
>
> > I can't comment on this, but, just as a reminder: Submission of
> > candidatures is still open (until 23th, afaik)
> >
> > Michael
>
> In theory yes. In reality not really.
>
> Users can become a candidate for the board election until 2007-06-23
> 23:59 UTC.
>
> But the also need to get the "confirmed status", what seems to be not so
> easy to get when you see that 50% of the current candidates are not yet
> confirmed.

True, but it isn't a big deal either. For neutrality I would like not
to disclose what are going on behind without consent of each
candidate, but personally I expect at least both Yann and Kate have
understanding why they are not yet "confirmed". I think as an
individual this kind of bureaucracy is a necessary evil which brings
benefits also, specially to avoid favoritism to particular candidates
and partial treatment of candidates each.

Also on an individual basis I would like to remind you all from the
same reason Election Committee do not invite any other personnel to
list "candidate" names to the endorsement pages. All such hasty
nomination should be discouraged, and soon removed with submitted
endorsements. Some editors would be happy to check if such happened on
their own endorsements.

Love,

--
KIZU Naoko