[Foundation-l] Vandalism and small wikis

Darko Bulatovic mail at itam.ws
Thu Nov 30 16:28:05 UTC 2006

Ray Saintonge wrote:
> Governments also need style manuals for official publications, but these
> do not have the force of law for non-governmental operations.  Our
> schools never make reference to any kind of official spelling or grammar
> when teaching children.  English, more than any other language is based
> on history, custom and usage.  There is such a thing as poor language
> skills for native speakers, but one feature that makes it very difficult
> for the health of other languages is the easy acceptance by English of
> ways of speaking drawn from other languages.

Ray,

Here is not same situation, In all publications or education there must
be followed rules thats are called "Pravopis" and they are in some part
very strict. As this is not my  field and I have trouble to talk about
it on English, I hope you will understand at least some of this. Our
language is very different from English as there are many rules (because
many native English speakers have problem to learn our language). One
example there are "Rodovi" which change construction of sentence, which
in English is absent. This is based on ( Him, She, it).

Darko Bulatovic