[Foundation-l] Vandalism and small wikis

Darko Bulatovic mail at itam.ws
Wed Nov 29 22:54:49 UTC 2006

> It's the global perspective that counts, not the one from the narrow
> view of one language.  Most languages do not have a one-to-one relation
> with any country.  If you recognize 3,000 languages and only 200
> countries many would be left out.  For the endangered languages a
> country devoted solely to that language would not be viable.
>
> Ec
I don't understand you very well here. Many language (mostly
European)are having nation marks (English, French, German, Russian,
Albanina, Greek, Italian, ....) so their process of building language is
trough nation history. Same thing is with south Slavic language. It is
not reference to country - more region in which people talk similar.
History of south Slavic people ( Europe) is quite dense in political and
demographic change, So many parts of South Slavs are developed
differently try many centuries and that was also reflected on language.
So here we have situation that all Balkan nations have their own
languages and their wikipedias. I don't see how this same rule should be
different for Montenegro. I will not mention that wikipedia is also
possible for some artificial languages and don't have very harsh and
strict rules regarding this. But in Montenegrin case it seems that
people wish to close eyes. Why?