[Foundation-l] Permissions page on wikimediafoundation.org?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 13:52:01 UTC 2006

On 24/11/06, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can we have a blanket blurb for "I'd like to use a screenshot of the
> site", too? I understand that one's legally flakier due to it
> containing content which is not ours, but a permission to use all the
> bits of it which are ours and a reassuring remark about fair-use for
> display purposes or somesuch...

I'd rather leave it as "we give permission for use of our logos; the
text belongs to someone else so we can't give you permission for it,
use it under the author's license or ask them directly; or it's almost
certainly fair use/fair dealing in most sane jurisdictions; check with
your lawyer if you are at all unsure." Something as simply-worded as
possible.

- d.