[Foundation-l] RfC: Mission & Vision Statements of the Wikimedia Foundati

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 10:52:53 UTC 2006

On 11/17/06, Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Brianna Laugher wrote:

> >>Yes. Please develop charters for each project.
> >>
> >>http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Charte_Wikiquote_FR
> >

> > OK. I wasn't aware of this, but I think it's a great idea.
> >
> > By 'project' do we mean Wikiquote (all languages) or French Wikiquote, though?
>
> Wikiquote.

Thanks for your clarification. To develop such, one possible problem
may be that Wikiquote community international has no global discussion
place (except Metapub, but I wonder how many Wikiquoters know that).
There is #wikiquote though, aiming to be such, but it is deserted.
Perhaps since the language division in 2004, Wikiquote lost such a
global discussion place.

There are some discussions and proposed detailed mission statements on
English Wikiquote by JeffQ. I am sure English Wikiquote community
support those, but not sure if the global Wikiquote community, since
we haven't discuss such yet.

Wikiquote as Wikimedia project has no dedicated mailinglist as far as
I know. Once I proposed that, most of Wikiquoters were doubtful if we
needed such. But if we are going to have global charter and should, we
indeed need such for now?

--
KIZU Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org