[Foundation-l] Foundation logo : pain and suffering

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 17 00:02:56 UTC 2006

geni wrote:
>>I do not care the image is "embedded" in the logo, but the image itself
>>has an independant life and no one has the right to strip me of my
>>author rights on it.
>

> You did that when you released it into the public domain. You have no
> control over derivatives. In this case the derivative is also in the
> public domain copyright wise.

I understand that.
If I remember well, I never put the original image on wiki. So, by
default, it is under traditional cp.

There are also two derivative.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Tournesol%28L%29.jpg is under GFDL.
Made on a rainy day.

And this one is a collaborative creation of antfish.
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Bouquet_fleurs.png
It is under a dual license, gfdl and a cc.

Finally, the cropped image is PD.
May it have a long and fruitful life embedded in the mediawiki logo
(unless it is replaced one day)

And as a wikithank across all of our projects.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Tournesol.png (for wikithanks on
enwiki). Gfdl

Eh, last derivative, 6th of nov 2006:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Greetings_Barnstar.png