[Foundation-l] Foundation logo : pain and suffering

Sean Whitton sean at silentflame.com
Wed Nov 15 21:32:22 UTC 2006

Hang on, I must contest all this! I see all the Wikimedia logos as
being professional, memorable and simple; therefore effective. They
also fit really well with the default monobook theme, IMO.

On 15/11/06, Alphax (Wikipedia email) <alphasigmax at gmail.com> wrote:
> SJ wrote:
> > This has caused me pain and suffering for some time, as some of you
> > know, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere in public since the
> > dawn of logotime: The WMF logo is asymmetric.  most notably the green
> > region, but also the blue (varying width, inner and outer rings not
> > quite parallel).   As long as the newly revisited commons logo is
> > being considered
> >
> > Can this be fixed?  Should it be?  Does this asymmetry cause just
> > enough subliminal disjuncture that it sticks in peoples mind?  ...and
> > causes them to do crazy things?  ...and causes them to run out and
> > snap free-content photos of celebrities?
> >

> Oh come on, it's not as bad as the Mediawiki logo... :)
>
> --
> Alphax - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Alphax
> Contributor to Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia
> "We make the internet not suck" - Jimbo Wales
> Public key: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Alphax/OpenPGP

	—Xyrael / Sean Whitton ~ Knowledge is power, but only wisdom is liberty
		sean at silentflame.com (PGP: 0x25F4EAB7) | xyrael.net