[Foundation-l] More stewards...

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Nov 15 04:39:25 UTC 2006

On 11/14/06, Brad Patrick <bradp.wmf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please note I have added a section to the rules regarding the legal
> age requirement of 18 years for anyone running for steward.

I'm not very comfortable with this at all. Wikimedia generally has a
track record of not being ageist in the assignment of community roles.
Please elaborate on the legal ramifications -- privately or publicly.
Perhaps we can identify those steward actions which could be legally
problematic, and those which aren't, and split the role accordingly?
--
Peace & Love,
Erik

Member, Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees

DISCLAIMER: Unless otherwise stated, all views or opinions expressed
in this message are solely my own and do not represent an official
position of the Wikimedia Foundation or its Board of Trustees.