[Foundation-l] Is there a Foundation preferred license?

James Hare messedrocker at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 21:41:54 UTC 2006

To get technical, the public domain is not a license. It's a zone of
complete and utter freedom. The Public Domain is indeed great, but the
problem is is that people aren't kidding when they say "complete and utter
freedom." It allows your work to be plagiarized and used for money. Now, if
you want to perpetuate the idea of free works, you could use one of various
Creative Commons licenses, or the GFDL if you so wish.