[Foundation-l] Board officers elected; Anthere is Chair!

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Nov 1 21:48:11 UTC 2006

> A shift in power. With the change in board positions the last
> justification for his past role is gone. Arbcom's power comes from the
> community not from jimbo. You know this. Thus the community should as
> much as posible be the final abitor of arbcoms membership.

This is not a WMF issue - it's an en.wp issue. If you want to question
Jimbo's role there, take it to wikien-l, please. Jimmy's community
role is not an official Wikimedia Foundation role.

There has been some confusion about this in the past; we've discussed
it at the Board retreat. In the future it will be much clearer when
the Board makes any kind of official decision regarding the projects
(which will probably be very rare). Otherwise, what Jimmy can and
cannot do as a community member is up to each community to figure out.
--
Peace & Love,
Erik

Member, Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees

DISCLAIMER: Unless otherwise stated, all views or opinions expressed
in this message are solely my own and do not represent an official
position of the Wikimedia Foundation or its Board of Trustees.