[Foundation-l] Board election notice on the English Wikipedia

Oleg Alexandrov aoleg at math.ucla.edu
Mon Aug 21 16:46:08 UTC 2006

I beg your pardon, "Established users don't read the crap on watchlists
anymore"?  Perhaps a few editors ignore their watchlist, but unless you don't
want to be kept updated with changes to articles, or unless you are technically
proficient enough to use an alternative to watchlists for tracking changes (few
do that), the watchlist is still the way things are done.

As such, watchlists are much more appropriate medium if you want only editors
to see a message, rather than putting that message on all article pages.

Oleg