[Foundation-l] Wikimania 2007 - get ready for the third edition.

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Wed Aug 16 17:59:51 UTC 2006

Kelly Martin wrote:
> I strongly urge that we should begin discussing venues for 2008 not
> later than October of this year (by which point we should have 2007's
> host city decided), and 2009's host city not later than February of
> next year.  Going forward, the host city for year n+2 should be
> decided not later than May of year n, and the venue decided not later
> than May of year n+1.

I agree, and I was talking with some UK people who felt the same way...
it is hard to get a good venue in some cases because they are reserved a
full year in advance.

Perhaps in the deliberations about next year's wikimania, we should
ponder 2007 and 2008 simultaneously, since the choices are not fully
independent, given our desire for ongoing geographical diversity.

--Jimbo