[Foundation-l] board candidacies

Walter van Kalken walter at vankalken.net
Sun Aug 13 18:32:39 UTC 2006

Brad Patrick wrote:

>Brion Vibber wrote:
>

>>Does someone handling e-mail and press inquiries actually have to be in St. Pete?
>>

>Of course not.  Someone answering the office main number and helping
>with basic office stuff probably ought to be *in* the office, though.
>It's working so far.

Even someone answering the officenumber doesn't have to be in the
office. Together with my father and a friend we have started a voip
telephony company last year. This year we decided to also do
retailtraffic and we are currently testing with numbers that for
instance are Dutch local numbers but can be teminated (through voip)
anywhere in the world.

This can be done with numbers in many countries now. So people can call
you on a local number but you can be anywhere in the world as long as
your comp is on.

As far as I know the same is possible with US numbers.

Waerth