[Foundation-l] Emergency on Wiktionary

Filip Maljkovic dungodung at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 15:43:48 UTC 2006

Kelly Martin wrote:
> I have long been concerned about srwiki, ever since I had one of their
> admins try to get me deadminned on English for refusing to support the
> "consensus of admins on srwiki" with regard to a content issue on
> enwiki.
I wonder who that might be. Seriously, who was it?
> It disturbs me that srwiki's admins act as judge and jury on
> content, and especially since (to my untrained eye) they seem to be
> acting to push a pro-Serbian point of view.  Perhaps the situation is
> not as unsavory as my brief encounter suggests, but I do think that it
> is unacceptable for ANY language edition of Wikipedia to abrogate
> NPOV, especially in the interest of nationalistic politics.
>
> Kelly

That is not entirely true. There are some nationalistic things here and
there as there are in every Wikipedia, but admins do not dictate POVs.
There are many political differences between the admins, but still the
project is pretty NPOV if you ask me. On the other hand, political and
whatnot flamewars can emerge if there are trolls that ignite them and
unfortunately, we've had a couple of them recently.
All in all, I wouldn't be concerned :D

Filip